Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sometimes We Don't Act Right.

Sometimes you go to meet other blog people for lunch.
You're not sure what to talk about.
It's awkward and uncomfortable.

Today was not like that.
At all.
I met up with Jo and Pat at Paradise Bakery.
These two women are a hoot!
I've met Jo for lunch once before and knew she would be a
forever friend.
I had never met Pat before.
Pat lives in Canada but has a vacation home here in Surprise.
It was great to get to spend the day with these two.

Aren't they cute??!!
The two girls ordered a Strawberry poppyseed chicken salad
that looked really good
but neither one of them offered me a bite.
Even though I shared my cookie with them.
What's up with that?
I think this guy kinda had a crush on Jo.
He was darling.
Even if the food was bad,
I think we'd go back just to see him.

After lunch we went to Pier 1 Imports
to look around and then to Michaels
where we couldn't resist some of the 4th of July decor.
And we went to Target.
Because that's how we roll.
And then things got a tad out of hand.
I just have to say
people are so nice.
When three bloggers are walking around
carrying three cameras
and asking strangers to take their pictures
 with three different cameras.
We were feeling very festive.

But sometimes even bloggers get tired
of having their pictures taken.
Just got home and I already want a Do-Over.

Love you Girls.

Holly
xxx-ooo

12 comments:

Pat MacKenzie said...

It was such fun. I was nervous for nothing. It's definitely a do-over. Thanks for the fun time.

Kathleen Grace said...

Too cute! You look like you were having such a good time:>)

Anonymous said...

awww, what a fun time,, I wish i could do that,, my closest blogging friend other than Chris,, my down the hall buddy,, is in toronto, I love the holiday decor stuff,, we don't do so much of that here,, thats one lesson we need to learn from our American friends, I'm so glad you had a good time,, nice smiles,

Anonymous said...

So I'll pretend I haven't seen Jo's blog a few minutes ago. Ok?

HOLLY: Being the 'innocent' one in this whole comedy, I see that you have been lead down the garden path! You surely wouldn't have thought of Deely-Bobbers (sp) or taking photos of that poor waiter or embarassing your new friend Pat!!! No, not YOU!!!

If I ever show up in AZ there is a SLIGHT CHANCE I'll be 'skeered'. Of JO. She's one to watch out for!!!!

really.........

Amy said...

So I just read Jo's blog. And I will say it again. Sounds like you girls had a great time. I am glad you were able to get together for some food, fun, and mischief.

Genn said...

FUN! FUN! FUN!

Pier1, Michael's, AND Target???

I like how you roll.

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

Days like that, do last forever! Glad you had this day, today.....

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time!! I love the 4th of July Decor -- love love love.

And I would have let you try some of my salad...;)

Kris said...

Love it Holly. Those hats are perfect! I wish we could just meet for lunch, whenever! How fun would that be!!! Good time!

life in red shoes said...

Looks like you had a blast :)

Whosyergurl said...

aw. That looks like FUN!
xo, Cheryl

Anonymous said...

fun fun fun! That salad looks amazing and now I want a cookie too. Ah geez! lol