Friday, June 24, 2011

It's Not all Hearts and Roses Around Here

Oh you have one.
You know you do.
That little shoebox of romantic keepsakes from your early relationship days.

Don't even stand there rolling your eyes at me.
When was the last time you looked through it?
Go get it, I'll get mine and let's compare.
This is going to be so fun!
And all romanticy.

The shoebox:
Hmmm......seems to be mostly cards in here.
What's that on top?
Oh my Gosh!  A bingo card! 
Well, I could tell you stories about that!
See this one time, Brian and I were....
ummm
We went to this Bingo ummmm
I have no idea what that Bingo card is from.
I don't remember playing Bingo since I was like 6.
Let's move on.

I can't believe I still have this cork!
I thought I'd lost it!
As you can see it's dated 2/11/07 which is the day we
ummmm
hmm.
I have no idea. 
That date holds no significant meaning for me.
I wonder if it should.
The strange thing is that neither one of us drink wine.
EVER!
So, if this is yours and it found it's way to my box accidentally,
and February 11, 2007 holds some wonderful significance for you,
Let me know, I'll send it your way.

Now, this I do remember.
We were married in Laughlin and this was the baggage claim check from the hotel.
Notice it says "Glebens" on it.
Our last name is "Blevins".
All weekend the hotel staff called us Mr. and Mrs. Glebens.

What else is in here?
Ohhhhh!
Nothing says "LOVE" like a pair of NASCAR ticket stubs.

So glad I kept those.


And our fortunes from Big Heng's, down the street.
"Life is a flower of which love is the honey."
For some reason I found them to be box worthy.
Just gag me.

Other than a bunch of generic birthday and anniversary cards,
that's about it.
My romantic life for ya'll to see.
Makes you feel all warm and squishy inside, doesn't it?

Oh and for some reason,
this card was also in the box.
It was a birthday card to me
from my son.



Holly
xxx-ooo

13 comments:

just call me jo said...

You are SO romantic and nostalgic, Holly! That looks like my momentos--absolutely random and forgotten. Rick did give me a birthday card and signed his full name "Rick Gooding" like I wouldn't know who he was. (Well, I thought it was funny...maybe you had to be there.) Have a good weekend, friend. Stay cool.

Anonymous said...

How cute!! I love this! Makes me kinda wish I saved cute stuff too :)

Debi said...

Believe it or not, I was just going through all that STUFF. I'm throwing a lot out. Who am I saving it for. I love the one card I got from "the love" that was mailed like this: To My Wife, then he put our address. Thank goodness I live in small town USA!!

Pat MacKenzie said...

I have a box like that - stuff saved for over 40 years. I go through it every now and then. Love the card from your son.

larainydays said...

I'm glad to see you join Mark and I in a long tradition of cross-out cards. The game is to find the most inappropriate word to cross out and make the other one laugh. Your son obviously knows how to play.

Anonymous said...

I can honestly say that I don't have a shoebox of mementos. Most likely in one of our 16 moves, I dumped them. How sad is that?

But your's are sooooo touching. Especially the Darth Vader card. Not THAT is heartfelt. (cough)

I knew a girl once that kept EVERYTHING and labeled the crap and put them into baggies so she'd know just HOW IMPORTANT it was when she was old. (right)

Hey, I've never been to a Nascar race, so you're one up on me there! And I think the cork is from something BUBBLEY and not wine. Does THAT help joggle a memory now? Were you and the Sam-ster celebrating? Or maybe you found it on the sidewalk and thought it was nice. (snort)

Thanks for sharing your very sentimantal journey. Seems like it was a short trip. (ha)

Linda said...

Oh the romance of it all!! I think that is a champagne cork though...ring any bells now?
Have a great weekend!

Katherines Corner said...

so romantic! yes I have one too ( well actually two of them) Thank you for sharing with us.Thinking of you and leaving some ♥ on your wonderful blog. Have a happy weekend!

Farmgirl Paints said...

sweet sweet...yes i do. it's chuck full of love notes and poems, old photos and yes tickets of this and that. oh i miss those notes;) happy weekend to ya.

Tammy said...

Aww man. I need to find my box. =) I have a lot of stuff!!

deb said...

what a fun post...off to find my box!!!

Tabitha said...

That's too funny! I've saved random things that I have no idea what they are, too. And then I get afraid to throw them out because they might be important, like I'll them remember someday. lol

Amy said...

I used to have box but it was thrown out about a year after the last boyfriend disappeared. Now I just have boxes of Random Stuff such as my Nascar tickets from Vegas a couple years ago plus some lug nuts from pit road. I have no idea what to do with those.