Here’s the deal. My Arizona winter grass is dying off and it’s time to get ready for the summer grass. I’ve taken the liberty of mowing the old stuff all the way down as far as my mower will allow. I’ve de-thatched and fertilized. Now it’s your turn to join in the excitement.
If you leave a comment on this post, you will be automatically entered into a weekly drawing where you could be chosen to come to my house! Each randomly selected participant will win a whirlwind weekend filled with mowing the lawn, pulling weeds, trimming bushes, and spraying for ants.
Wait, it gets better!Included in this package will be all the bologna sandwiches you can eat and all the grape Kool-Aid you can drink. Just imagine yourself nestled up at night on our slightly dog-haired couch with your choice of either a firm or soft pillow and an afghan crocheted by my grandmother.
This weekend package also includes Band-Aids and Mercurochrome for those nasty blisters you will probably encounter, but hey, adventures like this come but once in a lifetime.
So hurry and comment! Don’t miss this opportunity! Be sure to read the fine print for contest rules and regulations.
Contestants have to:
• agree that the environment means subjecting oneself to risks including “severe mental stress and heat stroke.”
• agree to “be considered ‘ free labor for the Blevins household’” “for the purposes of workers’ compensation only (which will not be paid).”
• agree to “not defame, disparage or cast in an unfavorable light this blogger, her husband or any entity of this series.”
• “not advertise my winning of any prize (because there isn’t one).”
• be available at all times to do press interviews.
• agree to psychological exams and lie detector tests, the results of which can be broadcast on this blog.
• agree that they may be injured, and won’t hold this Blogger responsible for the lack of health care facilities ( I don’t like hospital waiting rooms), and may contract fleas, rabies, tetanus or other diseases from contaminated areas.
• agree to pay all expenses for travel to and from the reality series location (in Arizona) and to stop at a Sonic on their way to said location to pick up a Diet Coke for the producer.
Leave a comment at your own risk to be entered into the weekly drawing.