Sunday, March 13, 2011

Blogger Shame

Is there anything more shameful for a Blogger than to go to some really cool places and not bring your camera?  I thought not.

Yesterday was a super busy, fun day and I didn't take one picture.  I will steal borrow some from Google for you though so you can get the idea.

We started off at 8:00 am by running to my husband's work to pick up a dump truck, fill it full of dirt and drop it off at a friends house to fill in a major hole in their back yard.  You're jealous, right?  My husband is a truck driver and I must say it was pretty cool to watch him use the loader to fill the truck and then to drive it through a back gate with only inches on each side to drop it.  It was kinda sexy.  I liked him a lot right then.
not actually us

After taking the truck back to his shop, we went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast and then went to the RV Show at the Cardinal's Stadium to look around, we miss our 5th wheel and have been looking around a bit but we're not quite ready to buy yet.

still not us

Then we went to the other side of town to an RV place called Little Dealer Little Prices and looked at more RVs.  After that we went to the Happiest Place on Earth (for a Redneck).

Bass Pro Shop

Brian needed to get a new reel for his tournament next weekend.  After that we went to look around the Mesa Marketplace and went into Toby Keith's I Love this Bar and Grill.  The food was wonderful and the atmosphere was a lot of fun.  I would have completely died a shameful Bloggers death if Toby had walked in and I didn't have my camera because he is just, well, he's just,  I mean, really, come on, you know, he's like just so.....anyway.

Then we went to the Tempe Marketplace where we walked around the entire place looking for new sunglasses for the husband.  Found the Oakley store and then got out of there as fast as our aching feet could carry us.
We then went to play cards with some friends of ours and I stayed up until 9:30.  That is 9:30 pm.  Those of you who don't know me, my usual bedtime is 6:00 pm because I get up at 2:00 am for work.  I was such a grown up person yesterday.  I was more than happy to sleep in this morning until 8:30.

Hope everyone has a great restful day.

There is nothing better than to have a relaxing evening after a day of doing nothing.

Love ya'll (and Toby).

Holly
xxx-ooo



10 comments:

ain't for city gals said...

Sounds like a great day..do you two happen to play pitch?..

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

well at least you thought of "us" even if you did not take your camera. It's OK, I ate food yesterday and didn't share that either!

Kris said...

Sounds like a fun day Holly. So you think your husband's "tractor" is sexy? Song? WE could spend all day in Bass Pro! Love their restaurant too. We are throwing around the idea of a trailer instead of the motor home. We'll see. Hey...Toby Keith is a pig. I have some info on him that makes me hate him!!! Well, maybe not hate, that is not a nice word. But dislike intensely!!! We had a fun night too. What on earth do you get up at that hour for? What do you do?

Val said...

You work from home and you're up at 2 am? Ouch. That really sucks.

And I completely understand on the camera bit. My hubby always takes all the pictures, so I never pack my camera when I go anywhere. Which is fine until I go somewhere without him. Oops!

Sunny Simple Life said...

I just love RV shows. It is so fun going in all the new trailers. What a fun day.

just call me jo said...

You're so funny! Don't let anyone malign Toby. All people have "flaws". I don't necessarily have to hear about them. (Our son in law is always telling us how horrible anyone we like is, i.e., Kyle Busch, etc. Thanks, but no thanks, SIL). Sounds like such a fun day and night. Good for you.

Karen said...

Really fun day!!!!Of course you almost have to be a redneck or country girl to think so;). 2 AM? Really? And you say you work at home????? Some slave driver you got there! :) Glad you had a great weekend....hope your week is just as good!

Genn said...

Hi Holly, I'm Kris' daughter Genn. :) I just discovered that Tammy is your niece! How fun. I told her that you girls should get tickets to Blog Sugar!!

I read your last post and was cracking up. That Geoffrey sounds tough. :)

Tammy said...

I cannot believe you were up till 9:30p!! So proud of you. =P So glad you guys had a good day! Miss you! And we should totally go to Blog Sugar!

Cindy said...

You played cards with some friends and you got to say hi to me!! Love ya!!