Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Attempt at Creativity

It's been busy around here the past few days.  Baking yummy stuff, cleaning the house, and work has been a little more hectic than usual.  I decided to try to be crafty again.  Yes, I know.  You don't have to say it. 

My sister and I talked a few months back about how creative and artistic our mother was and our father still is.  We decided we didn't get that gene.  I'm not going to let that stop me though.  I want to CREATE!!  I decided to make my own Christmas cards this year.  If they all turn out really ugly, I'll send them all to my sister.  She would appreciate the effort, anyway.

I'll show you just a few for now.  Also, if you are really crafty, please move on to the next blog because I would rather you didn't see these.  My first attempts:
They may not be perfect but it's keeping me out of the bars.

Holly
xxx-ooo

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Too cute Holly!! In case you want to include me on your card list, here is my address. Just kidding. Your friends and family will love them. I know the feeling about being creative. I have that same feeling.

Love Cindy

Tammy said...

They are adorable!!!! I love them. Great job!

Pure Ella said...

These are so beautiful.
You definitely have the creative gene ;)

Laraine said...

They are so cute,much more impressive than my Christmas letter scrawled on the back of a used envelope.

Kelly said...

As your sister, I would like to say I am so impressed! Do I get one? It has been years since I sent out cards. You put me to shame! I still think you got the "gene"

corners of my life said...

Wow!
That is a lot of work ~ but fun I bet?
I am impressed.

Val said...

Very cute! I went through a scrapbooking phase, but never managed to do cards. Paper crafts are lovely, but they aren't for me. Out of curiosity, how many do you plan to make?