Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Twitch

For some reason I have the twitches in my left eye this morning.
It comes and goes.
This bothers me.

I wanted to show you the new addition to our living room.

twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch

Let's build up to the picture, Okay?

As I told you before,
the living room in our last house was very large
and could accommodate large pieces of furniture.

Our new house has a rather small living room/family room
and the only place the TV can go is basically right there when you walk in the house.

twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch

So, as soon as you walk in the front door,
you see the side of this.


The front door is just to the right of the coat rack.

The large wall unit blocked the view into the rest of the house
and was just too big for this small room.

twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch

Please excuse my bad iPhone pics.
Everything is just a little blurry around here.

I found a mid century modern dresser at a 2nd hand store
and knew it was going to be great for this space.

Even though it is almost the same size in length and depth,
it opened up the space visually,
so now, at least, you can see into the house
as you enter from the front door.

twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch

We just brought this in from the garage
I haven't decided how to decorated around it yet,
but I threw some junk on there for you
so you could get the idea.




The center doors slide and the drawers are perfect for our cable box
and DVD player.

twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch


Today I am going to be working on getting those
old "dents" that the entertainment center made
out of the carpet using the ice cube/fork method.
Sounds like fun huh?

twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch, twitch

I'm just having a ball playing with this house.

Meeting up with some Bloggy friends for lunch on Thursday
and I'm excited about that.

Hope you all have a great day!

twitch

xxx-ooo
Holly



9 comments:

RoeH said...

If I can get my driver's license in the mail it will be. I didn't think it would take forever.

just call me jo said...

LOVE the furniture piece you bought. It's perfect there. And works so well with all the drawers and shelves. If you wait a month or two those unsightly dents will bounce back on their own (somewhat.) That would save you all the ice and forking. (I know you're not lazy like me.) It's probably the lunch that's making your eye twitch. I so hate that. Try the fork and the ice on your eye. That might work well. See you Thursday. Do we know where and when yet? Such a big day.

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

twitch twitch twitch, love the dresser. Re-purposing furniture is fun, but I am not fond of the word re-purposing. In my day, we called it being thrifty. I get those twitches also, maybe I should think of a household chore that I can get out of when they come on....just a thought.

larainydays said...

Love your new find. I can't wait to see your twitchy eye. It sounds mesmerizing.

Unknown said...

I had to smile at your twitching eye...sorry....I also had the same exact problem with a big entertainment center as you walk in my front door. I got rid of it after Christmas and I'm also playing around with what can replace it. Love yours!

Kris said...

Holly, that piece is a perfect fit for the space!!! Love it! And you are NEVER going to believe this, but I have had an irritating twitch in my RIGHT eye since Friday that is about to drive me bonkers!!!
Love your new home!!! Have fun with the gals...wish I could come too.
xo Kris

Linda said...

I love that piece...it's perfect! Have fun with the carpet dents and your bloggy friends!!

Tammy said...

Love it! Wish I could meet you for lunch!

The Lumberjack's Wife said...

I love your hokey pokey sign! Cracks me up! Sorry about your eye! :(