Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Beauty of Listening

I was so blessed to be able to attend
Blog Sugar 2011.

Blog Sugar is a Faith Centered Blogging Conference.
Put over 180 women who love the Lord in one room,
add cupcakes, flowers, flavored coffee, a photo booth
and plenty of time to mingle and you've got
yourself a seriously crazy, out of control, good time.

The women I met and listened to were amazing.
I was inspired
and lifted up
 by the words that were spoken out of love
and experience.

It truly blessed my soul.
And I left feeling lighter
and happier than I have in years.

I came away with another view of this whole blogging thing.
I've always thought this blog was all about me.
Maybe it's not.
Maybe it's more about listening to my heart,
about what needs to be written.
About what stories I should be telling.
About what others might need from me.

I don't know.
But I'm listening now.

Blog Sugar helped to raise money for a charity called
"Love 146".
Love 146 fights against child sex slavery.
2 children are sold every 60 seconds.

Listen to that.

Two children are sold into sex slavery
every :60 seconds.

Please take a moment to watch this video.
It spoke to me
in a way that nothing has in quite some time.
And made me ask myself this question...

"Can I really be the same person after watching this?"
Can you?


Holly
xxx-ooo

14 comments:

Kris said...

I know. It changed me too! Love that we shared it with you!

Kyle & Alissa Circle said...

I feel totally changed after this weekend too! So glad we were all there together.

Anonymous said...

wow, I'm speechless,

Ann said...

So sad ... and so blessed that Love 146 was born. Sounds like a wonderful experience benefiting a much-needed cause.

Genn said...

I love that we got to share blog sugar together. I really do. I think it changed all of us. Sure made me think, about the words I write, about my blog not being just about me, and definitely about who i might reach or possibly touch with my words. I'm listening more too.

I love that we were able to help out Project 146 a little bit too. The fact of those numbers is just terrifying. I hope one day that such a thing no longe exists. Maybe by all of us blogging about it a big change can be made.

xoxo

ps- did you do your new blog look all on your own? if so i am way impressed!

Bethany said...

Well this certainly looks different than my last visit!
Sixty seconds, huh? As I'm laying wide awake tonight unable to sleep, I'm going to watch the minutes tick by and keep that stat running through my head....that's a very disturbing one.

Bethany said...

Ok, so I wrote that before I watched the video. I literally got chills. Those eyes will haunt me..... thanks, Holly ;)

Four Flights said...

Such a powerful video isn't it? and an amazing charity. Glad you were there and thanks for the great recap!

Janene said...

The event got me thinking too. So special to be a part of. Love 146 is a great cause that we were able to learn about and support. I need to figure out how to post their button in my sidebar. I'm such a newbie: (

just call me jo said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the conference. I value your experience and the seriousness of the charity, but does this mean you won't be funny and snarky any more? Oh, Holly...I knew you well.

mel @ the larson lingo said...

Wasn't blog sugar the best?!? I met you briefly at the end of the night (I am friends with Genn) So glad you were able to make it to Blog Sugar!!!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Blog Sugar sounds so fun and heart-filling! I haven't watched the video yet (at work now) but I will..I know it will pull my heart in two..

So glad you had such an awesome experience!

Whosyergurl said...

Hey...you changed your page! Blog Sugar sounds great! I was thinking of you & Kris...
xo, Cheryl

grey rose (they/them) said...

amen! what a wonderful night blog sugar was! wish we could've met. it was great to learn more about love146, too! xo