Wednesday, October 6, 2010

She Ain't Right....Just Like Her Mom

I just love this kid.  She's the funniest person I know.  Her ability to make me laugh is astounding.  While applying her makeup in the other room she's been known to stick eyeliner pencils in her nose and take a picture and text it to me for no apparant reason.  She will sing really loud with me in the car even when we don't know the words. We turn the sound off on the television and make up our own words to the shows.  We crack ourselves up.  We both cry when we laugh.

She can't say no to a dare.  We were in a public restroom one time and there was a bra hanging up in the stall.  I dared her to flush it down the toilet and she did.

She has always been scary honest.  When she was a teenager she wanted to go to a party that I wouldn't allow her to go to.  She flat out asked me what her punishment would be if she went anyway because she wanted to know ahead of time if it would be worth it.
She's smart.  She can change the television from video mode back to tv mode with the remote.  I have been known to wake her up to ask her to do it for me.

She brings me Starbucks Caramel Apple Cider in the winter without being prompted.

When she graduated from high school a few years back we took a trip to New York City together.  It was probably the best time of my life.  During the day we would walk Central Park, shop, eat and talk about what exciting things we wanted to do each night.  We ended up back in our room by 6 pm exhausted and watching "Who's Line is it Anyway" every single night.  We laid in bed and took goofy pictures of ourselves.

Her love for me is a natural antidepressant.  I don't know who I would be without her.

Holly
xxx-ooo

3 comments:

larainydays said...

You are a lucky Mom and she is a lucky daughter. What a beautiful pair you are!

karen said...

AZ people everywhere! Thanks for stopping by my blog - kind of made my day. And I will be coming back soon. Hayden's 1st birthday is coming up in November. I loved this post - I feel the same way about my daughter. We have the best time together...

Amanda said...

Adorable. By the way you look like Jayma Mays! http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1724323/