Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I Had Nothing To Post Until........

As a blogger, I feel compelled to keep my posts current.  This can sometimes be difficult when I have done nothing of interest and have no views I care to share on anything what so ever.  Life is funny though.  Every so often something happens that becomes your saving grace in the blogosphere. 

I received an email from my father.  I just had to share:

Kid:

Some time ago, I was introduced to your Blog and your blog friends. I'll certainly give you credit for humor (actually, all out laughter) on occasion but I am totally confused as to why you would share for all to see that you recently learned to pee standing up or, on the other hand, why this might be of interest to others. Obviously there is some attraction or I wouldn't be commenting on it.

I am curious as to whether blogging causes one to do things they would not ordinarily do just to have something interesting to add or if the blogger just acts naturally and reports on whatever he or she does.
I am also curious as to why someone that lives 1500 miles away and has never met you in person would be interested in what you bought in WalMart or why you would be interested in what she feeds her cat ;)
On the other hand, I will admit that I am somewhat behind the times and spend most of my time looking for spare parts for my Studebaker. No need to respond to this correspondence unless you happen to have brake pads for a Studebaker.....Dad

God love him.  Dad, please forgive me.  And thanks for the material.

P.S  You should probably know that 1) my father knows me like no one else so I'm sure he is not surprised that I can pee standing up; and 2)  my father does not have a Studebaker.

Holly
xxx-ooo

12 comments:

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

Cute post! Great picture too. My grandma drove a "studdie". Oh by the way, I had a box on my door step today when I got home from work. Holly, you are too kind! What a great surprise and so generous as well. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

laraine@eddfam.com said...

Nice to meet you Dad. I'm Larainy. Don't try to understand, just go with it.

Tammy said...

LOVE this post!! Thanks Dad!! HaHa!

Karen said...

It all comes out! Now we know exactly where from whence your humor comes!!! Too, too funny!!! Bless your dads heart....he probably really does not understand, and yet he cannot hide his delight in YOU.;)

Kris said...

Oh my gosh Holly! He sounds like a hoot too. Now I know where you get your humor. And from one gal who lost her Daddy a few years back, and misses him beyond description, you are SO lucky to have him!! I hope you live near one another, and get to enjoy each others lives. FUNNY stuff!!

Val said...

Funny! He does have some good points, but hey - as long as we're happy with our little bloggy selves who cares, right?

just call me jo said...

Your father is adorable and f.u.n.n.y just like you. I need a tutorial on the peeing standing up thing. I just can't visualize it without lots of drippage and leakage...shudder...never mind I don't think I want to know. Loved this post. Aren't blogs cathartic!

Cindy said...

His email sounds just like your blog writing. Funny!! Nice to meet your Dad!!

corners of my life said...

I now see where you got your sense of humor from.

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly! Oh, what a cute post! Your Dad sounds like a lovable character - that's what Dads should be!
Oh, you're a Rooster kind of gal! I love it!
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Jamie said...

Your dad sounds awesome! What a great letter! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

now that is hilarious!