Thursday, February 24, 2011

Eat, Pray, Love...then Eat again.

Yesterday was nice.  I had the house to myself and spent the day cleaning, organizing and baking bread....again.  I've been wanting to try this English Muffin Bread that my friend Kris at Simplify has been talking about.  It was really easy.  You can find the recipe here.  For my machine I set it at 1 1/2 lb loaf and the white bread setting.  When toasted, it's crunchy and chewy just like an English muffin.  A little raspberry jam and I was a happy girl.
Just look at those nooks and crannies!

I really enjoy all of her recipes but this is one of my favorites.

I'd like to ask for prayers for my Daddy.  He's going to be going in for some pretty extensive surgery next week.  If you have followed my blog you will remember my Dad from here and here.  Please remember him in your prayers for a uneventful, safe surgery and a quick recovery.  I just love this man more than you could ever imagine and I want God's mailbox full of prayers for him.  My Daddy loves the Lord and knows that He will be holding his hand on that day.

We are going to a BBQ this weekend and I will be making deviled eggs.  These are a big hit with my husband so I can't make them ahead of time or they tend to disappear. 
Have a Great Day!!

Holly
xxx-ooo

9 comments:

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

Wishing a speedy recovery for your Dad. These times are tough for sure, will be thinking of you and yours.

just call me jo said...

That bread looks heavenly. And speaking of heavenly, I send my prayers to God's mailbox for your dad. I'm sure all will go well. My hubs loves those devilish huevos too. Yummy! Keep us posted on all events.

Katherines Corner said...

Sending prayers and hugs too!

Kris said...

Hi Holly. That bread recipe is our go to favorite. It makes the best toast!!! I will be lifting your Dad in prayer, for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. I am a Daddy's girl, (was, my darling Dad is waiting in heaven for the rest of us) so I know your heavy heart.
Those eggs look divine!!!!!!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Sounds like a perfect day.

Sandy Toe

Tammy said...

I can't even imagine what you are going through. You both are in my thoughts! Love you!

I can't make deviled eggs in my house either. Both boys eat them like candy.

Ashley said...

That bread looks yummy! I will definitely be saying a prayer for your Dad. I hope he has a speedy recovery!

Teri said...

Sending prayers up for your dad Holly. Hope he comes through with flying colors!
I LOVE deviled eggs - and wanna know the good part?? Hubby can't stand them... so their mine...all MINE! BAAHAHA!

laraine@eddfam.com said...

I have a soft spot for your dad and will remember him in my prayers.