Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I'm Getting There

So many of you are ready for the holidays.  I've seen the trees, the decorations, even the wrapped gifts, for crying out loud.  Every single blog I've looked at has something absolutely beautiful and Christmasy.  I finally finished making my Christmas cards and got them sent out last week so I thought I'd do a little decorating.

We are renting the house we are living in right now until we buy in another year.  We have no room for a tree, plus we have that new demon kitten and she would terrorize the tree.  I did put a few things out though.

I like the wreath on the inside of the door where I can see it and I hung an old wooden ornament in the open frame on the wall.

This is a silver ice bucket I found at Goodwill and I filled it with pine cones and ornaments.  I had the little silver frame but just put some scrapbook paper inside and glued some snowflakes on it.
One must have their husband's favorite holiday candy close by.

More goodwill finds.

This is about as festive as I'm going to get this year.  I did burn some caramel apple oil while I decorated and the house smells wonderful. 
What do you think the odds are that the demon kitten will leave everything alone tonight while we're sleeping.  Yea, I thought so too.

Holly
xxx-ooo


 

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Beautiful! All I have up is the tree. I don't feel like putting up anything else. =)

Kris said...

Looks very warm, inviting and Christmasy!
I cracked up at your comment on my blog post about clothes. Too funny!! Usually, I am in grubbies, chasing my 3 1/2 yr. old grandson!!

Megan (Best of Fates) said...

If it makes you feel better, you definitely haven't seen any of that at my blog! I have yet to decorate, write or send Christmas card OR figure out my present list. Much less put that adorable greenery in front of my TV!