There are many things that I learned
when I was photographing my home yesterday..
I will tell you these things
because I am now an expert
in home photography.
How to Do Your Own Home Tour
1) Clean your house as well as possible
because people will notice the stain on your kitchen wall
next to the trash can where you tried to get a
3 point shot with that can of tomatoes.
2) Hoping to get one good photo, randomly start taking
100's of pictures in every single mode your camera has
including manual, automatic, TV, AV and A-Dep
even though you have no idea what those mean.
edit them in Picasa/Picnik.
4) Delete the one where your dog is on the couch licking her
5) While editing the photo of your school desk,
notice something strange on the carpet in the photo.
6) Go into living room to check it out and notice
that there is a pile of cat vomit laying there.
And you took a picture of it.
7) Wonder if you can just crop the vomit
out of the picture and carry on.
8) Clean up the cat vomit.
9) Wonder how long the vomit has been there.
10) Wonder if you should be mad at your husband
since you're pretty sure he saw it and walked past it.
11) Take another picture of the desk without the vomit.
12) Post pictures on your blog making people think
that your couch is not covered in dog hair
and your carpet does not smell like cat vomit.
Home tours are an illusion.
No one lives in a clean house.
If they do, I don't want to know them.
Now, go and give it a try.