Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Do You Remember That One Time I Had a Blog?

Do You Remember That One Time I Had a Blog?

5 months.
No blogging.
I can't believe that Blogger hasn't kicked me to the curb.

Apparently, no one is monitoring 
this crap.

I'm giving it another shot.

I got a call from an old friend the other day.
She told me I needed to start blogging again.
I began giving excuses as to why I no longer posted.

"I only have my iPhone to take pictures with."

"It's too time consuming."

"Sometimes I don't feel like commenting on other blogs 
and it's bad blogger protocol to write posts and not
comment on other's blogs."

(Yes, I'll admit it, I still look at each of your blogs 
and I don't comment because I'm lazy 
and I don't want you to know I've been there.)

This is not nice and I take full responsibility for my actions.
(I probably won't change)

For those of you that follow me on Instagram
or Facebook,
you are all caught up with my life 
and don't need to read any further.
Have a nice day.

For everyone else, all 2 of you,
here's what's going on around here.

Spring has sprung in Phoenix.
We had a very mild winter unlike many of you out there.
This I know because I read your blogs.
And didn't comment.
Even though you probably needed 
to hear some words of encouragement.

Sometimes, I'm a douche canoe.

We had an issue with roof rats.
Rats!

 (not my rat)

These are somewhat common in the Phoenix area.
They love to eat the citrus off the trees.
Many of them make their way into attics.
We were fortunate that our attic was sealed very well 
and didn't have any in ours.
They were living in our orange tree though.

 This pic was taken the day we moved in and
everything was overgrown.
You can see the grapefruit tree on the left and the 
orange tree on the right.

This orange tree had been planted right up against the house 
so trimming it was not an option.
It had to go.
I will miss my fresh squeezed juice.

After the orange tree was brutally mutilated,
the rats moved into our huge grapefruit tree.

Since it was not near the house, 
we were able to trim it up and get all the fruit off it.


The rats moved on to the neighbors.
This made me happy.
(Douche canoe, remember?)

Brian was little sad because he really enjoyed
sitting on the patio in the evening 
and shooting them out of the tree with his BB gun.
They kind of scream when you hit them.
You can see why he's bummed.

We've been digging up old ugly bushes
and planting new pretty ones.

 I think we are really going to enjoy this 
Yellow Bell as it grows.

We have some purple Lantana around the pool
but decided to get some red that will provide ground cover 
under the Yellow Bells.


See Facebook friends?
I told you that you needn't continue.

We are having the front yard tree trimmed today.
This picture was also taken the day we moved in.
The tree is much bigger now.
I'd take a picture of it for you
but I'm not getting dressed to go outside 
and no one really cares what my tree looks like.
Am I right, or am I right?

 
 I'll catch you up on more stuff tomorrow.
Hopefully.

In the meantime,
Happy Birthday to my amazing husband.



You spend way too much time sitting on the couch.
You have no idea how to load a dishwasher.
I've been waiting for 3 months for you to replace the light
in the garage.
You snore like a wart hog.
You leave your beard trimmings in the sink.

All in All,
you're perfect for me.

xxx-ooo

Holly

 
 





 
 






 

14 comments:

Bethany said...

I've missed you!!!! True story.

Kris said...

A douche canoe? What in the world is that? Hey, I follow you on IG, and fb, and I learned some good stuff here! KEEP posting!!! What about the pupper, the coffee maker? Just two good blogging subjects for you!!! Welcome back Holly. I missed you!!!!!
xo Kris

Tammy said...

Yay!!! I missed you, even if you are on FB an IG. ;-) I totally look at blogs and don't comment. Most of the people have said what I wanted too and I'm not clever enough to come up with something else to say. Welcome back!!

Ann said...

Good to see your post. I've been missing in action as well. Just can't seem to come up with something to write about. Life is life and my daily activities are not that interesting. Like you, I read a good number of blogs and sometimes leave messages and am amazed at the stuff people come up with to write about.

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

Duh, so good to see your blog active again, who else is gonna make us laugh with the ugly truth? PS Happy Birthday Brian!

TARYTERRE said...

ENJOYED the update. The rats sound like creeps for stealing all that fruit.

just call me jo said...

Roof rats? ROOF. RATS. UGH! I need to go pick my lemons so I'm not invaded. I HATE RATS!! Met your mom at hair place. What a cutie. Glad you are blogging again. Don't expect me to do likewise. I am a douche canoe also apparently. Love you.

Tabitha said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're back...and the rats are gone! Missed you!

GumpyChump said...

You are hilarious! Glad I checked in to read your post today, had to chuckle (along with the other readers I bet!) douche canoe... Haha

Valerie Cottage Making Mommy said...

I needed a good laugh and you gave it to me. Keep posting.

Hugs,

Valerie
Cottage Making Mommy
www.lovingmyheartandhome.blogspot.com

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

You really SHOULD continue to blog. You're very entertaining!! Wondering were in Indiana you are from....I'm in Northern Indiana near South Bend, but raised on Lake Michigan...how I miss that lake!

Anonymous said...

I have wondered how the heck you were, I have been away from blogging, my dimming vision finally went dark in December, I thought I was done blogging but I have a computer program for the visually challenge, new blog was necessary, I kept the same name though, almost, I love your puppy but swear to God the rats scare me TO death and I would never leave the house!

corners of my life said...

Welcome back . . .

Anonymous said...

OK I HAVE MISSED YOU!. Im so glad you're back!