Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Who I am, heart and soul

Today is my first day blogging. I must admit that I have been stalking many blogs for the past few months. I wasn't so sure I had enough going on in my life to have my own, but decided to get started and just do it. I am blessed to work from home and have some spare time to work on crafts, shop at thrift stores and estate sales and I have just opened an etsy store. I love crafting, and it must be said, I am not very good at it. I try, I really do, and unfortunately for you, I will be showing you the good, the bad and the ugly.
I was born and raised in a small town in Indiana but have lived in Arizona all my adult life. Sometimes I miss it so much I could just cry. I miss the small town life, lightening bugs, autumn leaves, and yes, even the snow. I am still an Indiana girl at heart.
I thought it would be a good start by showing you around my home. I have a lot to do but am enjoying doing redecorating little, by little. We are just renting this house for now so there are a few things I would like to do that can't be done, but I make the best of it. I'll just show the living room today and get more pics tomorrow.

Here was my living room before we moved in:




Here is the Living Room today:









I guess that's it for today. Off to pick up some friends and drop them off at the airport for their vacation in Hawaii. How cool is that?

1 comment:

Imagery by Kimberly said...

Oh are you not the cutest!!! Welcome to Blogland! I am so happy that you are here!
((((hugs))))

Your living room is wonderful - great job in creating a cozy and inviting atmosphere. I'm so glad you are making your nest and enjoying your time at home while you work and play.

I can see how very much Indiana means to you. It is obviously where your soul longs to be. Hmmm. Remember dreams do come true. Don't give up. Your story isn't done being written yet.

Love,
Kim