Monday, September 22, 2014

Home Reno - Let's Call it Quits

Let's not drag this out any longer.
This post is full of pictures
and the home decorating is not
yet complete
but it does finally feel like home.

The living room is a difficult
room to photograph
because it's narrow and
it really doesn't get a lot of 
natural light.

The large windows in the front of the house
are under our patio cover
so the light doesn't always stream in.


I realize I should have taken this picture
with the television turned off.
I just don't feel like retaking it..

I am loving my new floors.
I love the fact that
when I clean them, they are really clean.
Unlike the nasty dog hair carpet
that was in here before.

The rug is a a cheap Target rug and 
it is probably temporary.
Right now it serves as a place for the dog to lay on
and it's easy to clean.
I like the pop of color it adds to the room.


The living room is open to the dining room.
So far, this is my favorite room in the house.
I love my new red Karastan rug.
It was a splurge for us but I love 
how dramatically it changes the space.
I originally had it in the living room
but that's where the dog spends most of his
napping time and this rug and
a white dog don't mix.

Holy crap!
How is my dog not bald?
I can't believe how much he sheds this time of year.

I moved the liquor into the dining room
and set it up on my Great Grandma Pearl's
sewing machine.
(You can see my new baseboards pretty well in this pic)

 Not sure how she would feel about that.
Next to the booze is a 
sign I made out of wood slats I had in the garage,
painter's tape, and spray paint.


(It May Just Be The Booze Talking But I Want You To Know That I Love Booze)

That sign cracks me up
almost every time I walk into the room.

The reading nook is right off the 
dining room.

 The coffee table has been in my family for years.
When I was six,
I wrote my name in crayon on the underside of it.
The bowl of antique wooden apples
was given to me by Sally.
I've been looking for large wooden apples
forever and couldn't find what I wanted
so she gave me hers.
She's like that.

The kitchen is just to the left of this area.

When we were talking about doing something 
about the flooring a year or so ago,
we were going to do it in stages.
I am so glad now that we did the entire house
all at once.
I don't think I've ever owned a home
that had one consistent flooring material.
It makes my life so much easier.

So there is my mini home tour so far.
Again, there are more projects on the back burner.
I need to work on my office.
I work from home and have my computer set up
on a fold up camping table.
My files are in a litter box.
A NEVER USED LITTER BOX, thank you.

Thanks for stopping by!

xxx-ooo

holly


18 comments:

Tammy said...

Looks great!!! I almost called you this weekend to come bug you. ;-)

LALA said...

love it!! The red rug was a very good purchase... and I love your reading nook! wish I had something like that...

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

Very nice, very welcoming too! Love the booze on the sewing machine and thanks for the tip about the painter's tape.

TARYTERRE said...

Looks marvelous. Great job with flooring and baseboards.

Unknown said...

I love it!! It's all so pretty and clean and non cluttered...it makes me want to get rid of everything over her...:) and I laughed out loud over your sign...only you....:)

Kris said...

Holly, it turned out beautifully!! Your coffee table is very like the oak table top I am using in the j
Kitchen. It is a family piece and used to be a coffee table with a very similar pedestal
I want to come visit!!!!
XO Kris

Whosyergurl said...

Oh, Holly, that is so beautiful! You should be a decorator! Could you come to my house and fix it?
Can I come visit with Kris?
xoxoxoxo
Cheryl

Deb~in~Denver said...

Holly, it's gorgeous! You've created a beautiful, welcoming home. Love the booze sign, made me giggle! I could curl right up in your reading nook, makes me think about adding one to the end of our dining room...oh, the hubby's going to love that. :)

Tabitha said...

It's fabulous, Holly! Well worth all the effort. The sign is awesome. I want one. :-D

Unknown said...

It's beautiful! Hope to see it in person one of these days soon! Happy Birthday, by the way!

larainydays said...

You are brilliant. I love your style!

Kris said...

One of these days I'm going to click on your blog and it will be updated! Looking forward to it!

Anonymous said...

i was just checking in on you, hope you are well,

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
corners of my life said...

I miss your blog . . .

Photoshop Clipping Path said...

Your blog is extremely brilliant. Quality contents are here.

Clipping SOLUTIONS said...


background removal service


Thank you So much for this Important and Useful Information.

Bathwater said...

Your home looks great. Makes me feel like an underachiever.